Darling of The Day
Composer: Styne, Jule
Lyricist: Harburg, E.Y.
THIS PRODUCT IS USED
Opened January 27, 1968 at the George Abbott Theatre, (New York) and ran for 32 performances. Gorgeous music by Jule Styne (Funny Girl, Gypsy.)
Another of those wonderful cult-flop musicals that one can't help but love.
The story was based on the book "Buried Alive" by Arnold Bennett, and tells the tale of artist Priam Farll (Vincent Price) who - thanks to a case of mixed identity - ends up "dead" and comes "back" as Henry Leek. Arriving in the small town of Putney, Henry meets vivacious widow Alice Challice (Patricia Routledge), and they later marry. However, Henry's past comes back to haunt him when his painting career suddenly takes off again...
2. He's a Genius - Vincent Price
3. To Get Out of This World Alive - Vincent Price
4. It's Enough to Make a Lady Fall in Love - Patricia Routledge
5. Gentleman's Gentleman - Marc Jordan
6. Let's See What Happens - Patricia Routledge
8. I've Got a Rainbow Working for Me - Vincent Price
9. Money, Money, Money - Marc Jordan
10. That Something Extra Special - Patricia Routledge
11. What Makes a Marriage Merry - Beth Howland
12. Not on Your Nellie - Patricia Routledge
13. Sunset Tree - Vincent Price
14. Butler in the Abbey - Vincent Price