Lerner in Love - The Lyrics of Alan Jay Lerner
The follow-up to the hugely successful CD “Patterns,” “Lerner In Love” shows off the passion and brilliance of the lyrics by Alan Jay Lerner. Barbara’s unique style and arrangements bring new life to these timeless favorites.
"Barbara Brussell, the wittiest of girl singers...with style, warmth, drive, impeccable musical taste, and incredible chops...is interpreting the songs of Alan Jay Lerner, the most urbane and literate of lyricists. This treasure of good fortune... You'd be a fool to miss it!" - Rex Reed, New York Observer
21 Tracks total:
1. It's Time For A Love Song
2. Almost Like Being In Love / On The Street Where You Live
3. Come To Me, Bend To Me / The Heather On The Hill
4. From This Day On
5. Show Me
6. You're All The World To Me
7. Too Late Now
8. Thank Heaven For Little Girls
10. I Could Have Danced All Night / Dance A Little Closer
11. There's Always One You Can't Forget
12. Hurry! It's Lovely Up Here!
13. I Loved You Once In Silence / Before I Gaze At You Again
14. If Ever I Would Leave You
15. What Did I Have That I Don't Have?
16. I've Grown Accustomed To Her Face
17. Anyone Who Loves
18. On A Clear Day You Can See Forever
19. You Haven't Changed At All (with Todd Schroeder)
20. One More Walk Around The Garden
21. My Last Love / Here I'll Stay