(Michael Feinstein presents) B.J. Ward Sings Marshall Barer
B.J. Ward has enjoyed a dual career as a singer and as a voice actress for animated cartoons and video games.
Lyricist Marshall Barer (1923-1998), described by Ward as "brilliant, bipolar, bisexual and bicoastal", also had talents in two different areas - writing beautiful and sincere love songs (the Shakespeare-inspired "Such Sweet Sorrow") as well as coming up with outlandishly anarchic comedy songs ("There's A Ju On Every Jury").
Miss Ward is perhaps the only performer extant who can do justice to both extremes of Mr. Barer's canon, which includes his two most popular successes, the theme for TV's Mighty Mouse and the Broadway musical hit Once Upon a Mattress.
1. Be Here Now
2. Billions of Beautiful Boys
3. Write About What You Know
4. Beyond Compare
5. Shall We Join the Ladies?
6. C'est Comme Ça
7. Might Mouse Theme (Here I Come to Save the Day)
8. Once Upon a Mattress Medley: Many Moons Ago/Normandy/Yesterday I Loved
9. Something Known
10. Lost in Wonderland
11. You Can't Go Home Again
12. A Woman Alone
13. The Time Has Come
14. There's a Ju on Every Jury
15. It Might Be Nice
16. For Love Alone
17. On Such a Night as This
18. Such Sweet Sorrow
19. Rondelay - Duet, vocal with Adam Guettel
20. Wasn't It Romantic?/Isn't It Romantic? - Duet, vocal and piano by Michael Feinstein